Subscriber Login

Latin America News

Barranquilla LRT secures approval for PPP structure, Colombia [free access]

November 19, 2018

The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit/ Ministerio de Hacienda y Crédito Público (MinHacienda) has approved the financing structure of the Barranquilla light rail transit (LRT) project, which is being developed under public private partnership (PPP) basis and is estimated to cost COP1.7 billion. The concessionaire will invest 70 per cent of the total project cost and the municipality will invest the remaining 30 per cent.

 

The line will span 9.5 km from the Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport to the city centre, covering 15 stations. It is estimated to have an average daily ridership of 101,000 passengers.